In Texas, tortilla chips are big business. So it’s no surprise that firefighters were a bit distressed last week when they had to respond to a fire started by the spontaneous combustion of tortilla chips! Apparently a chip factory was working on a new method to get rid of waste when things went horribly awry. Large cardboard boxes filled with the chips began to self-ignite. More bad news. Firefighters were called back three days later for the same reason, after which they dowsed all the remaining chips to eliminate any further spontaneous combustion. The only spontaneous combustion I ever have is when I eat too many chips with hot salsa.